Bristol Girls Little League Softball – Est 2008Back To Scrapbooks
- Bristol Girls Little League Softball - Est 2008
- Major Changes in Store for Bristol Girls Little League Softball
- BGLLSB Formal Public Notification
- Opening Day May 18, 2008
- 2008 Bristol Sweeps District 5 Championship
- 2008 9-10's softball team splits
- 2008 10-11's win District 5 Title
- Random Photos Over the Seasons
- Random Articles - July 12, 2013
- BGLLSB results announced - May 14, 2014
- Avalanche enter city series undefeated - June 12, 2015
In 2007, Maryellen Holden, ADA for CT District 5 Little League was in her living room with some other Little League people discussing the fate of Little League Softball in Bristol. Karl Nelson, President of McCabe Waters back then, Perry Julius, the President of Edgewood, Tommy Tabacco and Al Martin (coaches from Edgewood), Mike Owsianko, President of Forestville, and Dave Greenleaf were all there for a discussion about the declining numbers of softball players in the three Bristol Little Leagues.
The idea was to merge the three softball divisions into one league. There was some trepidation, but the group had a great first meeting in late September, and an even better follow-up meeting in October, at which the presidents of the three leagues vowed to support the new softball league financially in order to help the league get up and running.
Supported by Don Soucy in the East Regional Little League office, Maryellen did the paperwork and wrote up the formal proposal to Little League. Mike Owsianko volunteered to be the President of the newly formed Bristol Girls Little League Softball program. The girls were on the field in April of 2008 for their inaugural season.
From that meeting came the following notification:
2008 Founding board members were:
President Michael Owsianko, Vice-President Tom Tabacco, Secretary Sue Gallant & Ann Wojsnorowski,
Board Members: Rob Andrews, Darryl Darby, John DiSanto, Don Getler, Dave Greenleaf, Kevin Holden, Al Martin, Rich Maynard, Steve Paccioretti, Mark Rivera and Gary Roberge.