2008 10-11’s win District 5 TitleBack To Scrapbooks
- Bristol Girls Little League Softball - Est 2008
- Major Changes in Store for Bristol Girls Little League Softball
- BGLLSB Formal Public Notification
- Opening Day May 18, 2008
- 2008 Bristol Sweeps District 5 Championship
- 2008 9-10's softball team splits
- 2008 10-11's win District 5 Title
- Random Photos Over the Seasons
- Random Articles - July 12, 2013
- BGLLSB results announced - May 14, 2014
- Avalanche enter city series undefeated - June 12, 2015
Bristol Softball wins age 10-11 District 5 title.
The Bristol Girls Softball 10-111 All-Stars captured the 2008 District 5 title by sweeping Wallingford in a best of 3 series.
Lilly Matin drove in six runs with a to-run homer and cleared the bases with a single during a 15-run rally in the fourth innings as Bristol defeated Wallingford 24-14 in game one.
Maggie Getler had two RBI singles, while Sarah Darby went 2-for-2 and scored four times. Erika Ciccio, Katie Curry, Bianca Landrette and Martin each scored three times. Darby was the winning pitcher, and Christina Bouvier played a solid defensive game at first base.
Ileish Burney tossed a four-hitter in game two to lead Bristol to a 16-6 win over Wallingford.
Martin continued her strong hitting by going 2-for-2, scoring four times and driving in four runs. Ciccio had a triple and scored four times while Curry, Getler and Burney each had a single. Alex DeNoto chipped in with an RBI single and Nicole Bender contributed offensively with aggressive base running. Jessica Jalbert played a solid game defensively, making a nice catch in center field, and Darby alertly tagged out after being pulled off the bag on a wide throw to first. ciccio was outstanding behind the plate, throwing out a base runner attempting to steal to second base.
Bristol advances to the District 1 tournament with all games scheduled to be played in West Haven.