Construction phases on New FieldBack To Scrapbooks
- Forestville Little League - Founded in 1954
- 2018 Renovation of Fieldhouse (a.k.a. the Shack)
- Forestville's New Home behind Greene-Hills
- Opening Day
- 1976 Little League World Series
- Forestville Tee Ball
- McGinn Award
- Batting Cages
- Field 4 Built at Peck Park 1993
- Construction phases on New Field
- New Field Completed
- First Remodel of the Shack in 1986
- Forestville 60th Anniversary Program
- Robert S. Watson, Sr. - Field Dedication
- Senior League Softball World Series
- The Observer article on the start of the new FLL Field
- Watson Minors Tournament Comes Home
FORESTVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE BEGINS FINAL PHASE CONSTRUCTION OF NEW INSTRUCTIONAL FIELD
Bristol, Connecticut-August, 2015-Forestville Little League has started its final phase of construction of their new T-Ball & Instructional field this week at their complex within Peck Park on Daley Street. The field will provide a dedicated area for our players who range from 4-8 years old to learn the game of baseball and is one of the only such dedicated fields in the area. Construction of the field is being spearheaded by Cut Right Landscaping, LLC and Thomaston Site Works.
The new field will be a regulation sized Little League infield and be accompanied by a small outfield. Improvements to the area surrounding the field include 80 native trees to be planted around the field’s perimeter as well as updated drainage solutions and an automatic irrigation system. Construction is slated to be completed at the end of August, weather permitting.
To enable this final phase construction to start, nearly $40,000 in donations has been received by very generous families and businesses within our area. The current list includes:
This shows the space to be cleared for the new field.
These are pictures of the field being cleared.
These are pictures of the field taking shape.
Grady and Kinley Joslyn taking their first swings at Home Plate on Forestville’s new Tee Ball and Instructional field at Peck Park.
Cut Right Landscaping, LLC and Thomaston Site Works are the contractors building the new field at Forestville Little League. Home plate, Pitcher’s mound and 2nd Base are represented here.